Thursday, August 13, 2009

r e - b o u n d



Creating Handmade Books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials
by Jeannine Stein
Available at Random Arts
FREE SHIPPING
in continental US

Re-Bound is a beautiful book on bookbinding with a fun green twist-all the projects use recycled and upcycled materials. This book shows you how to take everyday materials from around the house, flea markets, thrift stores, and hardware stores and turn them into clever and eye-catching hand-made books.



Jen tackled the cover project using little Starbuck cards for the cover, strips of text paper for the pages, misc. ribbons and embellishments, including die cuts from her last book class.

It was fast, easy and fun and I must say that she was quite happy with the results.




2 comments:

  1. Jane! thanks for introducing us to this book!! Great sample pictures as well! I do so love the whole reuse idea!! Does she include the use of fabrics??? That is another one of my passions!
    thankds for stopping by my blog! Hope to see some dyed fabrics on your blog soon. you will LOVE The process!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an email from the author of this book, Jeannine Stein! How sweet is that? She took time to thank me for writing about her book on my blog. I wrote about it because... HER book is awesome. I am shipping free in US as long as we have her books available.

    ReplyDelete