Monday, April 12, 2010

Artiscape 2010



Let's hope that we will see pleasant spring weather for Artiscape
in Columbus, Ohio and that wintry snow that we experienced this
past winter will not follow us there. After all, it is mid April and here
in North Carolina it could not be more beautiful. Red Bud trees are in
full bloom as is the Forsythia (or yellow bells as they call them here),
tulips, flowering quince, phlox, azaleas, dogwood trees and much, much
more.

Louise and I are looking forward to our adventure together
during this 8 hour road trip including a detour
around the rock slide on I-40 in NC
at the TN border.
From what I hear its about a 1 hour detour
to head up to 81 and then back to 40.
I like to go up that way so I can stop in Lexington, KY
and get lunch at Chipotle at Man-o-War Blvd.
It's a great 1/2 way point to Columbus
and it will hold us over until we get there.... maybe.
Unless of course, we need an afternoon Starbucks
somewhere along the way.
Anyway you look at it, taking a road trip with
Louise is always a blast...
Maybe I should change my name to "Thelma".





No comments:

Post a Comment