Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dye it, paint it, distress it, strip it, sew it




Sounds like a lot of work but it actually took less time than a couple of minutes for the whole process. Even with the sewing machine. This textured wallpaper takes dye and paint really well and then when you spritz it with water, sand it, scrape it and emboss it, and it's still pliable and easy to use. On these pieces this is just what I did. Once I had the pieces done I cut them with a paper cutter into strips and wove them all together. At this point you can trim the pieces into the size that you want for your card, background or collage. I used a larger fleur d'lis for the accent on a card that I created for my friend Katie. The last card was finished with an interesting photo with a mica overlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment