Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Journal pages in Costa Rica


I have been giving myself permission
to do some mindless work in
my moleskin journal the last few
months and feels really, really good.
Sometimes, that's all it takes...
is to "let go" and play.




Using the water reservoir brush
and the large set of Peerless paint pads
along with my moleskin, I set out
with goal in mind to have some sort of color,
designs, doodles and drawings
on every single page in the entire journal.



I actually started this book last November while
I was in Costa Rica as I was still savoring the
Jane LaFazio workshop that was held
in my shop Random Arts in Saluda, Sept.'10.
While still fresh in my mind I was able to
create some interesting examples of Costa Rican
flora y fauna along with the urban tangles
of wires, metal y cement.



I can get hung up on certain colors and styles
while creating the journal pages and thats
when I have to stop myself and say
"move on, lighten up".


No comments:

Post a Comment