Sunday, December 20, 2009

Costa Rican Journal Pages




When I left for Costa Rica 
in September I thought I would
keep some sort of journal of 
my thoughts, observations, 
feelings and adventures and I 
pretty much kept true to my 
word.  Even though I do 
not draw or sketch very well
at all!!!!, I still felt that I could
do a little something with my paints
and markers to capture the moments.
 This page here on the right
is the table top of this amazing 
place that we stayed at  just
20 miles or so north of San Jose.
Finca Rosa Blanca Inn and Coffee plantation. If you want to feel pampered and be surrounded by art, architecture, great food and luscious landscape, this is the place for you. Not to mention
perfect weather year round.
While there  I absorbed the colors of the flowers

the mosaic work on the  pool, the murals in the 
gardens and nature itself.



I didn't focus on doing anything perfect while I was there as I didn't want to feel any pressure from myself. I just scribbled and drew and used my paints and I did it all outdoors because it was 75 degrees everyday and life "is" outdoors in Costa Rica. Thinking about that, there weren't any bugs either. I really don't think that I can say that I saw any bugs, anywhere. There are no screens on any of the hotel windows, just bars. Everyone has bars  on their windows, everywhere, it's just part of their culture. We were told that when an architect is designing a new house for someone, his plans also included a design for the bars. (not drinking bars but steel rods, designs of sorts, slats over all the windows)

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you kept a journal! I'd like to see it...

    ReplyDelete