Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the colors of summer









Whenever I tell friends or acquaintances
that I don't decorate or have style in my house
they always seem quite surprised.
The more I think about it the more I realize that
my decorating is the outside of my house - in my garden.
The feeling of more latitude of expression seems
to be first and foremost when I am in my garden.
For instance, this old plastic pot was just
a boring terra cotta color but once I added the
pop of "wine grape purple" it became a work of
art, especially with all of my plants and flowers.


I have fallen for that color "wine grapes" and have used it
in many more places around my yard including
my clothesline poles,


the garden shed door, the pump house door, the
flower box and .... probably lots more before I am done.


That's where my summer creativity has been focused
and that's where I am finding escape from the heat,
and it's where I am finding inner peace.... usually with a paint brush in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment