Friday, September 12, 2008

Live and Bloom in Full Color


Here's a quick pic of our space at the retreat last weekend in Blowing Rock.
See me telling Joyce what to do...
Or maybe it's the other way around. hmmmmm
Thanks to Carol Sloan for including us in
your photos from the event.
Speaking of Carol Sloan,
she has captured almost every precious and creative moment from last weekend's retreat in Blowing Rock on her blog.
Check it out to see what you missed at Kristi Steiner's and Susan Edmonson's 3rd annual Believe in Yourself Retreat.

While I was there I created this sassy wall hanging using an original 'Meg Fowler' transparency that I transferred onto rusted fabric created by Carol Sloan. I did the transfer with Golden Fluid Matte Medium onto the rusted fabric that Carol sells on Etsy. Each and every piece of fabric is hand rusted with unique objects and each one is uniquely different from the other. I chose a softer tone for the transfer piece and then added color with Glitter Pens , Golden Paints and markers. Using the painted wholey board as a substrate the entire piece is pulled together with complimentary fabrics & forms a really cool mixed media piece. I love it and I owe it all to Meg and those fanciful and funfilled faces that she creates.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance on close ups of that rusted fabric / transfer?? It's amazing!

    I used my Random Arts apron yesterday and thought of you - hope all's well.

    Oh, it looks like, well, you might be explaining something to Joyce and she's listening patiently!
    hugs,
    patti

    ReplyDelete