Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Home for the holidays



Home is not Hawaii or anywhere else that's really warm....
It's Chicago.
So, don't be envious of my holidays away from Saluda.
I don't even know if I have enough warm clothes to
deal with this anymore.

Don't you just love the way the AT&T Cloud looks with snow?
There is something to be said about seeing all
these wondrous, white, powdery flakes ... from afar.
Up close and personal - it's cold & wet & blustery & freezing.
It's only 6 above here today, with
wind chills of -20.

There must be some indoor activities somewhere in
this big big city.
Shopping anyone?
Eating Chicago Pizza at, let's say Lou Malnottis?

How about watching the Chicago Bears football
at a sports bar, just like the olden days?
Warming up with some irish coffee?
Now you can get envious. GO BEARS!

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i love chicago, it is one of my fav places on earth!! portillos chi-town hot dogs...yummo!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there are alot of great things about this city, even in the winter. The Drake Hotel was incredible. Spent 3 days in Columbus,OH and went to North Market for the xmas foodie thing. Cherry Pies were yummmmy.
    I will be at Artiscape in Col. in April. Come by and see me.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Oh, Jane, I know you're cold but these photos are sooooo cool!!! I've never been to Chicago - someday I'll get there. (sending you warm thoughts from Greenville SC where's it's 32 degrees by the way, which is cold to me, tee hee!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks very cold. I too love Chicago, especially the art museum. Your sports fans are awesome. Hope you are having a great trip! and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say home is where your heart is... I hope by now your heart is back in Saluda - along with the rest of you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW those photos look cool and I mean cool as in brrrrrrrrrr. Happy to read that you are safely home.Bless you for dealing w/Chicago's weather. You are a braver gal than me Gunga Din.
    Excited about seeing your note about the next challenge. Now that's something to cheer about "Go, Jane's Wonder Gals".
    Hugs, Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you got back "home" safely. Happy New Year to my favorite shop keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bean! Never been brave enough to visit wonderful Chicago in the winter but your pictures make me want to. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete