Tuesday, May 08, 2007




Ok, here we go. I have more pictures of us at the show at Art and Soul Retreat in Hampton, VA. Thanks to Clara Boza and her quick thinking, she got some "action shots". See all the people in our booth? See all the new customers buying our "assorted goods for creative mindfulness". We were burning out the rolls of paper in the adding machine & in the cash register. It was all we could do to keep up with the sales. They loved us and especially our wholey paper, watch part packs, liver of sulfur, ink jet transfer packs,rust and iron refinishers, D-ring tape, mica, lace tape, cloth paper scissors, woven cuff material(see picture of the cuff that I am wearing. All I did was cut the cuff material to size, wove fabric scraps through the holes ( not all of them, just random ones,) add some ribbon, some buttons and some beads and presto--- you have a completed cuff. You can do it too, with that stash of fabric that you already have laying around. Add some great ribbon and there you go! A great new piece of jewelry and unique to you!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 PM

    Woo Hoo great blog - I got behind on reading it but just caught up - everything looks great. And you've really been doing some traveling - looks like fun.

    I will definitely be keeping up with what's going on - and I'm going to get my fanny in gear and come up for some classes - I still want to play with PMC - just been kinda lazy lately.

    Hopefully I'll be up for the arts festival in a couple of weeks, too.

    Have fun!
    Susan (from Greenville)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Susan! Come take my class in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when a show goes well? "Art and Soul" must be a good omen...the show we did by the same name in Charlotte, NC was a great one for us, too! Congrats, Jane. Now take a breath. Exhale. Repeat as needed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow missed those ink jet transfer packs....damn!!!! So glad it was a great experience for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind me again why I'm not in Saluda with y'all RIGHT NOW having a great time drinking wine and hanging with a bunch of interesting people with Paul and MdM WITHOUT ME???????

    Oh yeah. Dang day job. Curses!

    see you Sat.

    xoxoxoxo cher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, love the new look of your blog. You are definitely getting the hang of this -- remember when you said you had nothing to write about. Hah! Great seeing you and Paul at A&S and hearing from Paul the story of your courtship and move to Saluda. I, for one, am thrilled that you did.

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Hi Jane,
    I met you briefly at Art & Soul in Hampton. Remember the 2 women who wandered in while you were setting up? I'm the heavyset one. anyway, we liked what we saw so came back that night and had a great time shopping with you. Wrote a little about you on my blog which is read by my art groups. thought you might want to take a look: http://www.frappr.com/sherrydofva

    My friend and I plan to come see you in NC too and hope you;ll be back in Hampton next year.

    Hugs, SherryD quiltwrite2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane
    Our Relay for Life of Jackson County was a great success last night. Now looking forward to the trip to Saluda next Saturday for the Art Fest. Of COURSE, I will come to your shop. Cullowhee says hello.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Ahh Jane, what a great blogger you have become! I'm just sad that nothing wonderful rated a review at the Myrtle Beach Quilt Show, (EXCEPT that I got to hang out with you & Jen)!!

    Bozeman Montana?!! I love that town and have eaten at the very restaurant you mentioned.

    Really enjoyed catching up with you through the blog...hope to see you this summer too. Finished my Fabric Book by the way and ready to create another.

    Happy Spring,
    Sandra (Myrtle Beach)

    ReplyDelete