Friday, May 25, 2007


Yesterday was special. Kristi Steiner
and Susan Edmonson, the two gals that host Believe in Yourself Retreats in Blowing Rock, NC stopped by my shop on their way to the Quilt Symosium in Mars Hill, NC. Both are teachers there this weekend along with many other creative women . I am so sure it will be a beautiful weekend for everyone involved. Both Jen and I made time for a very special and relaxing lunch with lots of catching up on Kristi's workshops in Orvieto, Italy, Susan's continuous quilt teaching adventures and Jen's upcoming trip to Sweden and Germany. Whew! Not enough time to hear everything from each of us.
After lunch Susan presented me with a very unique sewn fabric and bead cuff that she made especially for me. I think I got so excited when I saw the first one that she made that she somehow "knew" I needed one. Maybe we can get her to come and teach this to us. Keep your fingers crossed. You can use photo transfers instead of stamps for the focal point or you can use one of your favorite embellishments. It is so awesome. Thank you Susan. I love you.

1 comment: