Monday, June 18, 2007

Magical Moments


Words cannot describe the past 4 days that we spent with
Katie Kendrick , however MAGICAL, comes into my thoughts at this moment. Those of you who had the opportunity to meet and learn from her know exactly what I am talking about. Trinka Seals from Alabama told me more than once that Katie was the best teacher she had ever taken a workshop from.
To start the weekend we dined outdoors on my porch and began discovering all about each other from growing up to our creative adventures along the way.
A full classroom of excited women soaked up every word from Katie on Friday as we created our own style of "faces" and then on to collage on Saturday with another full class.
Shown is work on the right by Meg Fowler and on the left by
Port Orange, Florida artist, Michelle Czulada.
Michelle sort of went "outside the box" with hers. (notice the square ones)
Saturday night was play night at West on First in Hendersonville for wood fired pizza with Cheryl Prater and her husband Mark, Paul and I, Judy Sy and of course our guest of honor, Katie Kendrick.
Sunday we made things a little more
intimate as 8 of us met in the Random Arts workspace for Feminine Icons. Some of the images
took my breath away and by 4 oclock
we all had to say good bye and thank
you to Katie for 3 absolutely magical workshops that
nurtured all of our thirsting creative souls. Thank you Katie.




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:21 AM

    Jane - I didn't realize you were a Gemini. Such duality! I'm always thrilled with whatever I bring home from your shop. Thanks for being there.

    Georgia (from Asheville)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Jane! thanks for including me in your post..though I'm much better than that on fabric! hehehehe

    here's a link to the cute pic I took of you in that apron: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1394/558601607_722ca16486_b.jpg

    feel free to download it to your 'puter.. if you want me to email it to you, just let me know. (mczulada@cfl.rr.com)

    I had a blast this weekend and I DO plan on coming back for more! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My time teaching and sharing in Saluda was pure joy!! I just wrote up my first blog entry about my time there. Thank you so very much for including me in your teaching roster - it was an honor and I hope I get to come back again one day.
    xox
    katie

    p.s. thank you for the lovely gift basket jane - that was so very sweet of you! I didn't know it was for me until I was leaving for the airport and katie mentioned it. Guess who had a nice bottle of wine and some yummy snacks in her hotel room in Gastonia that night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:35 PM

    I do so wish that I had been able to attend Katie Kendrick's classes! I live in Asheville, not far away as you know, but I had family and vacation plans to attend to during the time that Katie was with you. I keep checking your workshop calendar in hopes that I will be able to attend a class sometime this year. Thanks for sharing photos of the workshops. Love to see them!

    ReplyDelete