Saturday, April 14, 2007


My Saturday was filled with a shop of amazing & creative people and a serendipitous meeting of long lost friends. It all comes together here at the shop for so many people. Lisa & Tony Blackwell were here to teach PMC to a filled classroom of artistic women and each of them created 1 pair of resin filled earrings, a pair of post earrings and a handful of unique charms for other projects. This was the day to "unveil" and "fire up" my new kiln and Lisa and Tony did it beautifully. Just look at it. Isn't it beautiful?
Lisa & Tony brought their friends Cynthia & Greg of Green Girl Studios in to visit and they brought along their pewter charms. It was delightful to meet them and get to them and their daughter Azalea.
Later in the day a woman, Margaret Cornelius from Deland, Florida walked in and asked me if I knew Martine House, a well know fiber & quilt artist in the area.
I then told her that I knew Martine & that she was a teacher here. As we continued to talk I found out that her husband and Martine's husband both taught at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and both were transferred to Germany. They had not seen each other in many many years so she picked up the phonebook, found her number called and became reunited. It was so much fun listening to her husband Ray talk to her native language of France. I just stood there quietly & listened to him speak in that romantic language. Long story short, they drove down the mountain to meet up with Martine. Every day is an adventure here at the shop.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to meet Cynthia, Greg, and Baby One! I love my family and am blessed that we can communicate with one another creatively.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and letting me know that they had swung by!

    ReplyDelete